This is a list of changes between the released versions of Coco. The current release is Coco 1.1.7.
Coco 1.1.7 — 2012-04-16
- Patch is now relative to Lua 5.1.5.
- Add setjmp method for iOS. Thanks to H. Muhlestein and Minux.
- Fix MIPS ABI detection.
Coco 1.1.6 — 2009-09-08
- Fix compilation of the GCC inline assembler code on x64. Now works when compiled as C++ code (reported by Jonathan Sauer) or with -fPIC (reported by Jim Pryor).
- Added GCC inline assembler for faster context switching on Sparc. Thanks to Takayuki Usui.
Coco 1.1.5 — 2008-10-25
- Upgraded to patch cleanly into Lua 5.1.4.
- Added GCC inline assembler for faster context switching on x64. Thanks to Robert G. Jakabosky.
Coco 1.1.4 — 2008-02-05
- Upgraded to patch cleanly into Lua 5.1.3.
- Fixed setjmp method for ARM with recent glibc versions. Thanks to the LuaTeX developers.
- Fixed setjmp method for x86 on Mac OS X (rarely used, default is GCC inline assembler). Thanks to Jason Toffaletti.
Coco 1.1.3 — 2007-05-24
- Upgraded to patch cleanly into Lua 5.1.2.
- Merged patch from Zachary P. Landau for a Linux/ARM setjmp method (uClibc and glibc).
Coco 1.1.1 — 2006-06-20
- Upgraded to patch cleanly into Lua 5.1.1.
- C stacks are deallocated early: when a coroutine ends, and not when the coroutine object is collected. This mainly benefits Windows Fibers.
- Windows threads get the required Fiber context when resuming a coroutine and not just on creation.
Coco 1.1.0 — 2006-02-18
- Upgraded to patch cleanly into Lua 5.1 (final).
- Added GCC inline assembler for context switching on x86 and MIPS32 [up to 3x faster].
- New targets for setjmp method: Mac OS X/x86, Solaris/x86 and x64 and Linux/MIPS32.
- Workaround for WinXP problem with GetCurrentFiber().
- The minimum C stack size has been increased to 32K+4K.
- Removed lcocolib.c and integrated the (much smaller) changes
Note for embedders: this means you no longer need to call luaopen_coco().
- Optional Valgrind support requires version 3.x. Renamed define to USE_VALGRIND.
- C stacks are now registered with Valgrind.
Coco pre-release 51w6 — 2005-08-09
This is the first pre-release of Coco. It targets Lua 5.1-work6 only and is no longer available for download.